Published: 04/02/2022 By Hannah McCormackIs your business eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant?
The Grant is a one-off payment of up to £6,000 aimed at those hospitality and leisure businesses that have been most affected by this variant of Coronavirus. It works by local councils receiving one-off grants from the Government to support the local hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses. To be eligible for the grant your business must:
- Offer in person services in the Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation sectors
- Be on the business rates list (VOA) on 30th December 2021
- Have been trading on 30th December 2021
According to HMRC the following thresholds apply to applicable businesses who appear on the local rate list on 30th December as follows:
- with a rateable value of £15,000 or under will receive a payment of £2,667.15.
- with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a payment of £4,000.16.
- with a rateable value of £51,000 or over will receive a payment of £6,000.
In order to allow HMRC the necessary time to process the claims the closing date for applications is 18th March 2022, however many local authorities have set their own deadlines therefore please check your local councils websites to ensure you don’t miss out as some are as early as February! You can find your local councils website here.
Please note you will not be entitled to funding if:
- your business is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- you will exceed the permitted subsidy allowance (visit HMRC website for more info here)