Careers at turpin barker armstrong
We are a busy firm of accountants, licensed insolvency practitioners and financial advisors offering accountancy, insolvency and financial advice to businesses and individuals.
We have the following job vacancies, please see below for further details:
If you would like to apply for one of the roles please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Full Time roles come with the following package:
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Office hours Mon-Thurs 8.30-5.45, Fri 8.30-1.00pm
- Salary according to experience
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (25 days after 1 years’ service)
- Group personal pension 4% employer/employee contributions
- No parking fees (park on road)
- Employee’s Assistance Programme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Independent Financial Advisor
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IFA who is looking for fresh challenges and a desire to be part of and help build a growing business through current Turpin Barker Armstrong clients, cross referrals, the IFA’s current contacts and from other sources such as networking and lead generating introduces.
With a primary focus on pensions in addition to investments and protection the successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years Advisor experience working within a regulated IFA practitioner
- Preferably CII Dip PFS qualified although applicants with only 2 exams to sit may be considered
- Ideally a portfolio of clients to bring to our firm
- Be able to demonstrate your ‘client first’ approach to financial services
- Proficiency in assessing clients overall financial picture, understand their needs and develop a solid financial plan, providing strategic advice across a variety of financial products and services, guiding clients towards a secure financial decision
- Demonstrable track record of converting leads into new business, networking and developing a portfolio
- Be driven with a strong understanding of the current Financial Market
- Be personable with excellent communications, negotiation and presentation skills with attention to detail and the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Comply with all industry rules and regulations
- Keep abreast of new industry trends and research market
- Possess a full driving licence
- Have excellent IT skills
- Salary circa £45,000 to £55,000 ATE
- 30% bonus on income received over and above 2.5 times salary
- 6 month probationary period
Senior Insolvency Administrator
A unique opportunity to join an independent seven Partner firm of accountants who have been established in Sutton, Surrey for over 35 years.
As licensed Insolvency Practitioners, this the Corporate Recovery and Insolvency Division promotes a rescue culture and encourages those facing difficulties to seek early advice. Our Insolvency Team, is a mixture of qualified and non-qualified.
The successful candidate will have managed their own portfolio of cases from appointment to closure.
The primary requirements of this position are:
- Full lifecycle management of a high volume of portfolio of cases to include a variety of corporate work and ideally with some personal insolvency.
- Maintain fully accurate case files, ensuring they meet with statutory requirements.
- Preparing reports to creditors and attending meetings.
- Statutory reporting.
- Instructing other professionals.
- Effective communications with a range of stakeholders, creditors, debtors, directors, solicitors and other professionals.
- A minimum of 3 year’s case administrator experience.
- Proven success managing a varied case load in an insolvency/restructuring and recovery practice.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- A proactive approach to work, prepared to go the extra mile to achieve the right results.
- Builds strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Competence using MS Office applications.
- A sound working knowledge of IPS.
- A levels – A-C.
- CPI qualifications is desirable but not essential
- Living reasonably local to Sutton