Post Office account deadline looming!

Published: 15/11/2021 By Hannah McCormack

Do you receive tax credits, Child Benefit or Guardian’s Allowance payments to a Post Office card account?

If so, you must urgently contact HMRC to change your details to a different account to continue to receive payments. The deadline to update HMRC is 30th November 2021, if no new details are received payments will be suspended.
HMRC have advised customers can have their benefits paid into a bank, building society or credit union account.

The HMRC websites states that Child Benefit and Guardian’s Allowance customers can use their Personal Tax Account to change the  account details over – see link change their bank account details via GOV.UK or by contacting the Child Benefit helpline on 0300 200 3100.
Tax credits customers can- do the same on the link change their bank account details or by contacting the tax credits helpline on 0345 300 3900.

If you are not able to open a bank account, please contact HMRC directly.

HMRC also advise that the Money Advice and Pensions service offer information about current accounts and opening accounts see links below:

how to choose the right current account and how to open an account

Please also remember to be alert when being asked to provide personal information. When accessing anything to do with HMRC please ensure the correct address is used i.e.